Saturday, December 4, 2010

Scrub cap

I made this scrub cap for my Hubby's co-worker. It's a sage green, almost khahi green.  I embroidered

Paul, the big 60 in the center of the cap.  The picture was really bad, because the restaurant was dark.  I used my iPhone without a flash.  The birthday boy is on the left and Hubby is on the right.
 This morning was normal Saturday chores: laundry, grocery shopping, etc.  After I finished putting up all the groceries I headed for the sewing room.  I got the bathmat to finish the embroidery.  It was tough, the bobbin didn't like me.  Then I folded the ratty towel together and stitched the sides, leaving a section to turn it. 

At this point the Hubby wanted me to run to Target with him, he put together the fake Christmas tree and wanted a new power strip for the tree and my angel for the tree topper is old. He wanted a new tree topper.  We found a glittery star.

I trimmed the towel with my pinking shears and then turned it right sides out.  Top stitched the edges to close the opening. I really like how it turned out.  I just need to wash it and throw away the old rug in the upstairs bathroom.

I also cut out a few tote bags for Monday.  I need to run and get purple zippers for one of the totes.

No comments:

Post a Comment