Monday, December 6, 2010

Genealogy Monday

Today was email and Genealogy Monday.  I sent about 25 emails.  I am the Director of our Family History Center and I needed to update my Patron list.  I printed it off yesterday and brought it home.  I then used my email book for a local genealogy group to update my list with emails.  I then individually emailed each person with a form letter about why I was emailing and new changes coming to Family Search.org. The ones without emails, I called.  Now I'm getting reply emails to verify their addresses and phone numbers. 

I've been on the computer all day.  I tried to sew, but I was so distracted that after marking placements for embroidering pockets I wandered out of the sewing room. 

I ordered a few things, then the daughter flounced in and told me she was going shopping. Then wanted to know what I was looking at. I flipped my Explorer shut as she walked up, can't have her see me ordering Christmas stuff. Then she picked up a catalog and proceeds to read it to me.  Yes the catalog is cool, ThinkGeek.com. But It's like when someone reads you the Comics in the Sunday paper after you read them.  Quite annoying when she's 20 almost 21.  I find all sorts of gifts in this catalog, for my twenty something kids and even the Hubby's co-workers.  A few years ago all of his co-workers got plush germs for Christmas.  I growled at the daughter and she started to walk off with my catalog. I demanded it back and told her to call me if she's coming home for dinner.  She flipping asked me if I was hot flashing and she ran up the stairs.  She forgets I know where she sleeps. 

Grrrrr Argh, The beatings will commence until morale improves. (Mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment