Friday, August 6, 2010

Wow, long two weeks

I was busy getting ready for a quick flight to Georgia to visit the grandkids (parents too). Then One of the boys is here. His sister picked him up Friday at the airport, and they went to the movies Saturday before we got back from Georgia Sunday. The Hubby is home on vacation.

I sewed out a few shirts and such, but with the house full it's hard to close the door (ohh yah, my door doesn't close, to much stuff in the way. It's okay to laugh at me, because I laugh at me.

Weds I got my grubby hands on my copy of 5D Professional software by Viking. I read the booklets and ohhed and ahhed while the software loaded on my laptop. I'm pretty pleased. Yes, it's expensive, but I can take it off my taxes. I've tried other programs. I like this best. It might be because I made a fabulous friend at the Viking dealer and she shows me new stuff and has a monthly class. Yes sometimes, it's review for me, but I always learn something new. A new technique or another way to look at stuff.
I loaded MyFonts with the quick fonts wizard and only had a few problems. One is that my 4D pro wasn't really working on my desktop, for a bit, I had to keep fixing the locking out my dongle problem which was annoying. It got to be faster to just grab my laptop. I uploaded 5D on the desktop and no dongle problem. (well maybe a little dongle problem). Excewpt my most recent files are on the laptop. I need to run a backup and merge of my embroidery files. Pain in the pat-tootie. I do need to do it, because we get power blips in the Great North Woods.
New Problem: where did I leave my dongle? I'm downstairs by my sewing room and the dongle is upstairs by my laptop. Yes laugh at me. I was thinking I need a lanyard around my neck for the dongle, or one of those zipline things for name tags. I have one somewhere, from my old job, where I had to swipe my badge to open doors.
Well I'm gonna go deliver some shirts and then start some more shirts. I only have one more job, then I can work on my own stuff. I want to make more zipper bags. I have a design for a stationary folder for the boys running around my head. Maybe they will write home more often if I give them a full stationary kit. I also want to make them an embroidered shave kit. The youngest comes home with only the clothes on his back and his game stuff. I fill the bathroom cabinet with stuff, because he always needs a new toothbrush when he gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment