Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 2 of the Original Sewing Expo

Okay, yesterday I wrote about my Embossed towel I stitched yesterday. I gave another classmate  from yesterday the directions on how to digitize the embossed design.  First class today was Beyond the Basic's in 4D/5D Professional software.
I learned so much.  Then as class broke up the lady in front of me overheard me and Mary talking about the embossed towel.  She asked if I had the directions, but I had already given my copy away to another lady.  So we talked through the directions and she was going to see if she could get a copy of the directions, from Diana Cedollia. Love that lady, she was so sweet and loved teaching us the new software. She demo'd the same project in both 4D and 5D at the same time. Flipping back and forth from window to window.

My second class was after lunch, making a laptop case.  I'm not a quilter, but I learned a couple of new techniques in this class.  First we embroidered the back, then strip pieced the front. Second was to make a block, I can't remember the name. After sewing the three pieces into one long strip. The hard part was fusing the tricot fusible to the three pieces. I had not pressed the seams in one direction. So I pulled the fusible back off,  pressed the seams again and the fused it again.   

 After basting to a duck canvas, we folded up the bottom (or front) and then boxed the corners.  Repeated for the lining.  The lining is slid inside the main bag, basted and then using bias tape, binding the raw edges.
 The three steps I have left, to bind, to place the grommet and then sew the tie on the front,
 Today was my small shopping time, I bought some threads, filled bobbins, an oil pen. Plus one splurge on a piece of red flowered fabric, so a skirt or maybe a hawaiian shirt for my annual trip to Vegas.

I'm going to post my towel and my laptop bag on the Amy Lou Who's Sew and Tell.

2 comments:

  1. Love them both! I have never tried that on the towell but love the look! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stoping in from Sew and Tell Fridays....I absolutely love your "his" towel! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete