Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 1 of the Original Sewing Expo

Today was great I took 3 classes.  First was a presentation about digitizing by Diana Cedollia. She demo'd 5D and talked about the new changes.  I met some new ladies.  I am the kind of lady who talks to strangers in the  grocery store.  I talk to every one.

Second class was a hands on class about embossing, taught by Diana.  We set up the towels and walked through hooping and then started the embroidery machines to stitching.  Then Diana demo'd in 5D how to make and embossed design.  She answered a bunch of questions.  I got an extra copy of the handout for one of the ladies from this morning.

I'll post pictures of my towel tomorrow. I left it in the car is the parking garage. I walked around the very reduced expo hall.   Last year it was twice the size as this year.  Favorite booths are here, but... 

Third class was with Debra Bohn, who teaches 4D/5D software.  Even though I use my software all the time, I always learn something new during every class I take.  Today I learned how to set up an embossing, how to align buttonholes, and to use stitch editor to change an existing designs fill patterns.

Today, I was reminded that last year I got a call about the shooting at Ft Hood.  My son is stationed there and while I know the anniversary was last week.  Today is Veteran's Day. Thank your favorite Vet, or even your non-favorite Vet.  They will stand a little taller for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment