Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Original Sewing Expo

Today was the day before classes for The Original Sewing Expo.  I took Diana Cedollia's Serger Bootcamp classes.
The first class was all about learning the serger.  We made a bunch of samples.  I liked it, but Diana said that when she teaches the class at home, she takes 2 days versus 3 hours.  Each student brought their own machine, so every time we tried something new, Diana checked with each of the 19 students to see if they knew where the button was, or the dial.

After lunch, I switched to a Babylock Evolution serger.  I've been wanting one. Now I want it even more, but I need to wait. We finished two projects. This time the class was smaller, with 9 students. The first project was a sweatshirt.
I like the weight of it and I learned a few new techniques.  The second item was a tote.  It was interesting, she used the tucked in boxed corner technique that I use on my favority tote.

I need to stitch the hole for turning the tote inside out, and top stitch the top.  But it was really nice to finish two projects, and not come home with more UFOs. 

Tomorrow is two digitizing classes and one embossing class,  we actually leave class with an embossed towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment