Thursday, July 1, 2010

errand day

Today was errand day, which means I left the house at 9:30 and returned tired and a little cranky at 3:00. Yesterday, I got a box of shirts from the wholesale company I like. I checked my order and then I had to add two more stops to my list.


A friend is a large lady and wants me to make her shirts for a school reunion in August. They came in the box. I took the shirts to her to try on, because I don't know what planet, a 3X ladies shirt is smaller than a man's XL polo. Of course they didn't work. Gotta send them back.


A regular customer wanted some lighter weight polos, for his business for the summer. I got those too. But the shirts had ribbing on the sleeves. Nope they won't work either, gotta go back.


Tomorrow, I need to stop and have another customer try on the shirt, because it looks to small to me. What do I know, I'm a big lady and this shirt looks like it would fit my 10 year old niece. But the shirts are for a teenager I've not seen. I prefer to run over and have the shirt tried on; then to embroider it and it doesn't fit. That is the down side of being a "small" business, I order my shirts as needed and don't carry a large stock of shirts, no place to store them. I add the shipping time into my delivery due date. I know the first two customers were happy I came by for them to decide on the shirts. I can always send them back. Now they know there will be a small delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment