Thursday, July 22, 2010

Zipper Bags in the Hoop

I digitized these zipper bags in the hoop. There are the same size as my wristlets. I think they are going to make great Christmas presents, because they are really fast. Half the time of the other way.


The first one I sewed out is for my step-mother. I thought to blur out the name, but my camera did that for me. I love the love of the font, but it is hard to read sometimes.

The second bag I did was just fabric. My friend is a huge music lady and she doesn't make fun of her tone deaf friend (ME), when we sing in church. No I'm not in the choir, just when we sit together. I was going to put her Initials on it, but I think the fabric is too busy for embroidery.

The third one is a keeper. I was playing with just the width of the stitching by the zipper, and decided to add a swirl border from my Embroidery Machine. I love the look. I wish there is a better way to transfer the embroidery designs from my machine to my computer/software.
When I save to the disk, it is in a format my software won't open.

I also added a small piece of suede to the side to act as a key clip. Then after I flipped it I threaded on a key ring. The hardest part is remembering to open the zipper before you stitch the back on. I figured out a good way to remove the extra sticky stablizer before opening the zipper, because the stabilizer kept trying to stick to the zipper pull. I know I just want it to stick, but not when I want it to not stick. I'm just fickle like that.

The hubby has a procedure tomorrow morning. He's got an ongoing problem, this will be the 4th procedure since March. Normally I just read, while I'm waiting. I'm going to bring my laptop this time. I can play with laying out the Christmas list, initials and such. I laid out another bag, this time 5 wide by 7 tall, and added extra stitches so I can add a strap. I have some great braided cord that would make a cute strap. This size makes a quick bag for travel when all you want is your phone, a hotel room key and some cash. Vegas Here I come. No not really, not until next April for the Hubby's annual conference. Ohhh, pockets.

I also have more laminated cotton, Amy Butler to make the bags into quick makeup cases.

Maybe I can try pleats? Hmmmm?? Oh, I have to log off, because it just started to rain buckets and I can hear the thunder in the distance. We get power blips during storms, so we shut down the computers and I make sure the sewing machines are unplugged.

11 comments:

  1. What cute little bags! Congratulations on your finishes, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, especially bag #3! Sending prayers and good thoughts your way while DH has his procedure. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Very impressive. The embroidery looks so pretty :oD

    Good luck to your DH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very impressed with the sewing on these and the fabric choices! these will make awesome gifts-sew very cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the music bag and I know your musician friend will, too. Hope all goes well with your DH. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking to lush friday. I love the little bags, I must try making some. Great designs digitzed too. I am only learning to digitze. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. Best Wishes To your DH.Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice little bags. I like the way you incorporated the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great little bags! Each so unique and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are really beautiful. I especially like the last one with the little flourish across the front. Nice job!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute little bags, and I love the embroidery embellishment you did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makeup cases would be awesome, and such a good idea to do it with laminated cotton! Pretty embroidery!

    ReplyDelete