Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The day Before Classes

I had a great time at the Sewing Expo. I took two classes.

This morning was the Perfectly Skirted class. The teacher, Emma Seebrooke brought racks of knits and slinky to choose from. The class fees included, the pattern of our choice and the needed fabric. I started a trumpet skirt in cranberry (my favorite color). I need to finish the waist band and hem my new skirt. I learned that using a stay tape in the seams of a knit makes it easier to sew the seams. I will post pictures once I'm home and can finish the hem. I can so see me making more of this skirt.

Then after a quick bite and potty break, my afternoon class rocked.

Tote-ally Fun Vinyl Mesh bag, taught by Connie Spurlock of Idaho. The class fee include the pattern and the kit to make a great tote bag. I'd post pictures, but goofy me. I left my bag next door in my friends room, she was yawning at dinner, so I'll get it from her in the morning. I learned a new technique to make the bottom of a tote. You know when a tote has a different color bottom, like LL Bean Boat Bags. I learned a quick way to make that bottom. Then we used an enclosure for the top of the bag. Once we were fnished with the totel, we had time to make a small zippered mesh bag from the leftover mesh and a scrap of fabric. My bag was 7 x 8 finished. That bag is next door too.

I know I know I promised pictures. Tomorrow, for sure.

Tomorrow is all about the digitizing software. I signed up for two classes, then in the evening I'm going to take a Develop it, Copyright it, Get it to market class. I'll take some pictures of the exhibit hall. Okay. I need to check my email and then run downstairs to the little shop and get some batteries for my mouse, it died.

No comments:

Post a Comment