Friday, October 30, 2009

Show and Tell

Wow I find that having the Show and Tell can motivate me. I saw on some site, where they were selling a design pack of circles and initials so you can use them like key rings for your scissors. Of course me, I have to laugh and say I can make that in 2 minutes on the computer. So I did:


















Then I made a new camera strap. I hate the one that came with my camera, it kept trying to slide off. Off course I made it too long so I added a bead to for adjusting and it works great. I used the Jump rings from the jewelry department to attach to the sides of the camera. I like the small snap hooks on the ends of the strap.


But when I came upstairs for lunch loook what was outside my house. Snow. I did not touch up the photos or use any thing special. I only downsized them to 4 x 6. This is really how it looks outside my front door.

























Driveway and Yard on 30 Oct 09, 1 pm. Every year since we moved to Bemidji, we have had snow or rainy and cold for Halloween. The kids here wear snowsuits under their costumes. This is why I call my blog, Brr midji Designs. I'll post more really reason pictures in January when it's 50 below. Bemidji is the first city on the Mississippi River, the Headwaters of the Mississippi is about 50 miles away. Every winter when the lake freezes, yes freezes, people ice fish and put like fih houses, little trailers on the lake to fish from. So the joke is that Brr...midji is the second city on the Mississippi.

Just for your info, Bemidji is indian for "river runs through it." The Mississippi River runs right through Lake Bemidji.

7 comments:

  1. those are great ideas..i have been wanting to make myself a camera strap. maybe that will be my finish one of these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I bet my dad would like a fancy camera strap! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just pretending I didn't see those pictures of weather! I hate my camera strap, too - it is too wide and stiff and cuts into my neck. Maybe I should make myself one like you did - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool ideas!! I especially like the key rings for the scissors. Thanks for sharing. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the key rings for scissors. We live in the deep south, so no snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool ideas! Thanks for sharing and keep warm!

    ReplyDelete