Monday, August 3, 2009

PDF Files and book in review

I was having troubled loading PDF files, but I think I found the best site for Tips and Tricks on Blogger. I signed up for the site to upload my PDF's at, I'll try and upload a file tomorrow. Today I finished writing the next tutorial for my large tote.



This book is called Rainy Day Applique
by Ursula Michael

ISBN: 978-0-89689-539-3


The book came with a CD-Rom with 100+ designs. I love that. I'm not big quilt person, but this book may make me into a wall hanging person. She has a heart maze motif on page 51, that I love. Her designs are simple and easy to follow. I'm not one to follow someone else's patterns, but I get great ideas from their designs.

Today, I played in my software on making appliques. I opened a picture, and then traced the design with a single stitch, then traced the design with a satin stitch. I was getting better the slower I moved my mouse pen, with the higher stitch count. I did a skull for Halloween treat bags and I did the parts for my Iris placemats. I need to place all the parts together to finish the design and stitch it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment