Friday, August 7, 2009

Baby wall hanging and bobbin wraps

I stitched out the first block of the baby wall hanging. I ran out of No Show Mesh stablized and I decided to try it anyway. Bad idea. I got puckers. I had to run to the Embroidery shop and get more stablizer, before I killed more cloth and thread. Yes this is really how messy the top of my cutting table is normally.
I have to tell you about something I saw on the back on a sewing catalog, Clothide. While these are really cool bobbin wraps, as they call them (42 wraps for $3.95). I ran to Walmart and got 48 for $2.00 in the hair accessories department.


I have tried all sorts of things to control the loose thread on my embroidery thread. The thread company I like, is now making the spools with retractable bottoms to help control thread. I have tried press and seal, it works for the first time or two, then it looses the stickiness.
So I went from wild thread tails everywhere to nice and neat in seconds. I am storing my hair bands, in old Crystal Light tub containers. I have the containers everywhere in my sewing room. My rotary cutter fits perfect in one and another hold my marking pencils, and my chop sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment