Wednesday, July 1, 2009

not really lost

I'm not really lost. Since the 1st of June I have been running my tail off. During our trip to Minneapolis to get one of the guys for the canoe trip. I got a phone call from my step-mom that my Dad was in ICU. He had a stroke. We have learned since that his altzheimers caused the stroke. I grabbed the chance to rearrange my schedule and drove to Tennessee to see him. I think next time I'm going to fly and rent a car in Nashville. My Dad lives 2 hours from Nashville. The 18+ hours in the car was rough. I stopped at about 13 hours and spent the night in Illionis. My GPS unit kept me to US Highways, but doesn't allow for traffic.

The visit was good, his speech therapist said that the reminising and going through pictures was good for him. He lost the connection with names, of people and things. He knew who they were and could describe where they met, but lost the name. Wehn the doctor asked him to name items, like his watch, he called it the clock on my arm. Most people woud just nod and think he was having one of those days when the word is on the tip of your tongue and you can't grab it. Until it is a name of a person. My step sisters look alot alike and he mixed them up back and forth, looking at pictures, but when the sisters were in front of him it was okay.

I finished the Coon 'n Crocket Muzzle Loaders patch and delivered it. She was so happy. I gave her each piece as a design, what I mean is that I digitized the rifle and the tree stump and the ax separately, and save each item in multiple sizes and then combined them for the final patch. I did that for me, so I can use the different pieces in other designs. So when I gave her the disk it had 12 designs on it. She was so happy. I need to get my butt in gear and finish uploading my stuff to QuickBooks so I can make sales slips. Plus I need to write an Art Release form. A friend pointed out that the art if not mine, but the digitizing is. So I need a realease form spelling out usage and have the individual statement that it is their originial art work. Any ideas ?

This month I helped organize a young women sewing night at church. The girls need tote bags for the annual summer camp. I set up the sewing night so each girl had a adult sewer and machine to use. Every girl finished their bag in 90 minutes.

Tonight I'm going to make name tag/luggage straps so we know whose bag is whose. We have two girls who are visually impaired. I decided to sew their names on one side and their names in braille on the other side. I'm kinda excited to see how that turns out.
So today is another crazy day, We are refinancing the house at a lower interest rate, dropped 2 % points. We have to sign everything today. The paperwork has also run me all over the place trying to get finished.
I got a new phone and have been playing with it the entire trip it came in handy when we were in Nashville. I just clicked a couple of buttons and we had a list of restaurants within 2 blocks of where we were standing. How cool is that? I also was given a website, where i downloaded a free software to make my own ring tones. I made the Purple People Eater chorus and the chorus from All I wanta Do (Sugarland). I need to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment