Thursday, July 9, 2009

Spats, Spits and Sputters

Wow, I look up and a week has gone by.

Spats:
I got asked if I would help make Spats (Shoe Covers that look like boots) by a friend, who is a director of a childrens theater. I found this great link to a U-Tube video on how to make Spats from Thread Bangers.com.
Spits:
I embroidered 18 t-shirts for our scout troop to go to camp.


Before, During and After.

I also got volunteered to make name tags for the girls' bags for camp. How this keeps happening to me, I really don't Know. My husband and I used to have an agreement to not volunteer each other for things, but some how, it now only applies to me volunteering him.
Any way this is how the Name/Luggage tags turned out. I am really proud how easy and how nice they turned out. I found a font on the Internet and using Quick Fonts, I didn't have to position the braille dots by hand. So each tag has the name in English and then in braille on the other side. This way the two girls who are visually impaired can find out whose bag is whose easily.
I laid out each name in English and then in Braille. Stitched out on some blue ultra suede, fold in half, sew around the edges, trim. Using the Crop-o-dile to punch a hole and the grommet part to squish the grommet. Quick to thread a snap key ring on and Finished.

Sputters:
I sewed out a polo for a job and the font was not dense enough, and the highlights on the chef's hat were too light. I fixed the design so I can sew it out tomorrow. I don't like to test sew out a design. I just go for it. Then if it doesn't work, I just used the messed up shirt as a test shirt. I have one polo that has a dozen designs going every which way. Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment