Thursday, August 4, 2011

Biscornu and Baby Announcements

Last week everytime I walked into the sewing room. I felt so overwhelmed with everything, I would just walk back out.  I would get mad at myself for not getting anything done. I'm a Virgo, so I plan.  I made a new schedule to grab my mess by the hair and drag it out of my cave.
I color coded my day. I only allow myself 30 minutes on the computer in the morning. Sewing 9-12, lunch and then Sew 1:30 - 4:30. I alternate business sewing and personal sewing. Weds and Fri mornings are devoted to Errands and Weds afternoon is for paperwork. 4:30-6 is computer time.

So far the schedule is working for me. I plotted out my business sewing into a project or two a session.
I finished two Baby Announcements.


A part of my personal sewing is, a finished Biscornu. Biscornu is an eight sided pin cushion. The Yahoo group for my software had laying out cross-stitching a Biscornu in the software. I had a good time playing in the software. So I digitized another one. I could not find my stuffing and thought I'd have to stop by JoAnn's to get some, then I was talking to my Daughter and spotted the bag. 
 The first one is 4 x 4 inches.
I love the second one, The original Biscornu pattern had alot of white space which makes it hard to count to place the x's in the right place.  I added extra designs and borders and was very careful of the jump stitches. I am ticked to death over this new pattern. I'm going to sew the pin cushion together by machine.
The new one is 5 x 5 inches.
This morning was for digitizing while I waited to the Schwan man. I got five projects done. I even stitched out the second biscornu (twice, once for each side). I stitched a third Baby Announcement, but I need to clip threads and press. After I run errands tomorrow, I can frame it, ready for delivery.  My machine hummed away while I clipped threads and cheanged thread. 

I have tomorrow's projects starched and ready to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment