Friday, August 12, 2011

Better day

Today was a much better day.  I revisited the patches. Turns out only one of the patches, of course the one I had tried to rinse out the stabilizer from was on the wrong stabilizer.
I'm kinda messy.  I have great organizational plans, but then I figure out better plans, etc.
I have a habit of just shoving my tube of stabilizer in my cubby system, to sort later. Which is why I ended up with the wrong stabilizer. I had sewn two of the patches and tossed the tube of Wet N Gone back in the rack and then when I decided on making a third, I grabbed the wrong tube.

So first thing I did this morning was to straighten out my cubbies of stabilizer. Now I actually can find what I need and know what I need to buy.
All the open rolls now have slap bracelets around them with the name of what it is marked on the bracelet with a sharpie.  But I also tucked the label of the roll inside the tube, in case the bracelet gets separated from the roll. Like kinds of stabilizer are in the same cubby or next to each other.  While I was straighten out my mess, I stitched out another black and white patch.

Then this afternoon was all about errands.  I ran to the Dry Cleaner, dropped off the patches, they are a hit.  The niece was deciding which patch on which shirt when I left.  I told them to call me if they need more patches.  The black and pink patch looked great against her pink shirt.  I also told her I had pink fabric and could do black lettering or white.  I did remember to bring home my dry cleaning.

Quick drive through the bank for cash for the weekend, then a sandwich.  I took the car to the dealer for a recall checkup.  The inspection was good, only took 10 minutes, no needed work.  Then home, picked up the daughter. She's been wanting to practice in the stick shift car. We only have one and she doesn't want to practice with Dad. Around and around the local school parking lot, stop, first gear, start, second gear turn, stop, etc.  She did pretty good so we went down a few back roads, to have her shift into 3rd and 4th and back down.  the around the parking lot some more.  Then I had her drive me down a busy road into town to where she works. There is a stop with a small rise and a red light.  She even did really well around a truck hauling a boat whose lights were not working.  She likes to jiggle the gear shift back and forth in neutral between shifting.  I told her to stop that because she's gonna end up in the wrong gear, straight from first to second then straight from 3rd to 4th. Two minutes later she jiggled and ended up in third not fifth.  She stopped jiggling.  I can see that's gonna be a hard habit to break.  Got home at 4 pm. 

A friend of the Hubby's called and talked to him for 30 minutes.  I set up for tomorrow. Yes it's supposed to be personal sewing, but I missed a few days being under the weather earlier in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment