Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Serger Book reviews


Serging. what a wonderful thing. I got my serger off the bookshelf, tuned up and ready to go. I like the first book, Simple Serger sewing, it got 50 projects to make and I marked about 10 projects to get me started. There is a great placemat project. maybe for Christmas presents. Everybody is using Linen, but I find that it doesn't wash and dry without major ironing. I'm a wash and go girl.





The second book not so much, good thing it was free. Quick and Easy Sewing with your serger, had some great pictures of the mechanics of the serger. It has 15 projects, some recyling or refashioning clothes. I got one tip out of the first transformation from a sheath dress to a tunic. I'm going to refashion a hoodie sweatshirt into a non-hoodie something. I can't decide whether to add a zipper or to leave it a pullover. I'm going to embroider it, but I have a hard time deciding on designs.


I dropped off the polo shirts and first thing each of the guys asked was "Hats?" I guess I need to hoop some hats. I laid out the business logo for hats, but the boss had not yet ordered hats, his daughter told me to go for it and asked for a dozen. She pays the bills. I loaned her my favorite catalog, boss man wanted to look at jackets for winter. A customer of theirs was checking out the shirts. I need to print more business cards. Pronto.
Pretty good birthday so far. I got my new camera, but the hubby won't let me open the package until after cake and ice cream. It's been very hard not to pop open the package as its been sitting on the dresser for a week. Tonight I will be playing with the new camera. My cheap old HP 5.0 megepixel Photosmart M425 is going to a new home. The new home doesn't know it yet, I love surprises, especially since I get to spring one on someone. She had her camera out at a cookout over the weekend and I asked if it was hard to get film for her camera. She signed and said it was really hard and that maybe she might have to break down and come into the 21st Century. I need to find all the parts (Cables) etc for the HP camera to package.

No comments:

Post a Comment