Friday, January 30, 2009

Yesterday's class was good. I knew most of the information. But I got a few good nuggets of info. I love 4D software. I had another program that wasn't this easy to use. Must be a MAC/PC kinda thing. I'm definitely a PC person. Last night we had guests and I made the best burgers. They are stuffed with bacon and cheese, covered in BBQ sauce. Clean up was a pain, the BBQ sauce scorched to my griddle.

This morning was a good morning embroidering out three designs. I tried a woven suede like fabric and it sewed like a dream. Whoo Hoo. I'm making notbook covers. I'm using the pattern/directions from the Embroidery Library (http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/elprojects/SimpleProduct_ELP.aspx?CS_ProductID=PR1490&CS_Category=&CS_Catalog=Elprojects). I'll get better about pasting URLs soon.





This is going to cover a small 5 by 6.6 notebook that fits in my purse. My doodle pad, note collecter, etc.






I also stitched out a scripture tote bag, for someone at church. The tote will be small for a child.














I also embroidered out a tote for me, but I got carried away and began to make the bag, before I snapped a picture. Three more steps and I'm done. Sew the lining to the bag, turn, and sew the top down closing the hole to turn the bag. Plus I have to wash the bag, I mark all my totes with a quilting pencil and I have to wash the marks out.

I made a couple of pin cushions, seeing as they are all the rage right now. I used out scraps of sewing material, I was going to use for a serger cover, but never did.

This is the pile of duck cloth I cut out on Weds for making more notebook overs. I also marked them all and decided what to embroider on what for most of them, Oh the great hawaiian print is for a quick poncho like top for my next trip to Vegas (baby).

Well I'll gotta go pack I'm off to the Cities (Minneapolis/St Paul) for my daughter's pre-med seminar. Five hour drive, here we come. I'm going to fabric shop while I'm down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment