Thursday, April 22, 2010

look what my husband brought home




My husband brought me home this hat. Gotta love the stickies. They are stapled to the hat where he wanted the designs. After I stopped laughing. I have to find this type of hat in grey and pale pink.










The grand daughters called today, they got their Hello Kitty wristlets (purses). They love them. Their Ninentendo DS fit in them perfect. I tried mine before I finished the bags.












I went shopping today to buy more home decor fabric to make more bags.



Front and Back of view. I found this great flamingo home decor fabric in Denver and Knew I would be making a bag(s) out of it. I changed up the pattern a little, the flamingos are directional so I didn't want them on the straps, so I rummanged through my strap stash and found this great hot pink.
I have two friends who don't know each other, but both love flamingos. This bag pattern is huge. The bag is 18 by 18 by 8. It's called a Market bag, it looks like my LL Bean bag.
See I have been sewing. I bought some Ladies T-Shirts to decorate tomorrow or Saturday for my trips. Men's shirts ride up my hips, so I'm always tugging them back down.
So checking the mail on the way back in the house and Joann's has a 50% off Home Decor Fabric starting next Sunday, 25 April. I'm gonna stock up and work on Christmas presents. The Market bag only took me 1 hour to cut out all the parts, then 2 hours to embroider and sew, Psst, that included the ironing. LOL
I'm going to post this on AmyLouWHo's Sew and Tell Friday. Maybe I'll be first, nope Mrs Moen is overseas, she always beats everybody to the punch. Love her stuff, I have a link on the left to see what everybody else made.

7 comments:

  1. What awesome bags! I love the flamingos with the hot pink straps. Lucky family members next Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such cute bags! You did such a nice job on the personalization. They're going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! I love the Hello Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband is a funny guy. What a smart thing to do! :-) The bags are all adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool bags. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete