Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Digitizing in my Cave

I have been digitizing in my Cave and while I haven't been posting, I have been sewing. Now that some of the customers are happy I can post pics.

This is the Cebu City, Phillipines, LDS Temple. The temple is going to be dedicated on 13 June 2010. It is a tradition to have temple hankies, to commemorate the event at the dedication. I have been digitizing new temples, for other people to embroider and sell, most of the time the sale is used to buy stuff for the local church or church members. Cebu City is going to use the proceeds to buy temple clothes for loan/rentals. I also digitized the new Vancouver, British Columbia Temple. I can post pictures later.
I joined a bunch of Yahoo Groups for embroidery. An LDS Embroiery Group, a Pro Machine one, a Monogram Wizard and an Ellageo group. Each of these groups have given me great ideas.
I did a bunch of shirts. I have an order to make hats, the customer is picking out the hats.
Of course I digitized their logos for the shirts and hats.
I have also been teaching Genealogy at church and I have another class today 1-4.
I'm also getting my stuff together to travel next week. The Hubby and I go to Vegas for his conference and then once we're back I do laundry and repack my bag, I go see our son graduate from basic training. I can't believe it's been 7 weeks, since he left. I need to make me a Proud Army Mom shirt before I go. I made two great big huge, Market bags (also called Boat bags). I love them. But of course I never follow the pattern. I can buy a pattern or find one online and I change it before I even start cutting the fabric. Then Mid-sewing I change it again. This time the changes were good, I changed the seams to french seams and it is so much neater. The two I made so far are going to be Christmas Presents. I have two more to make for Mother's day. Hopefully while I'm in Vegas I'll find the perfect focus fabric, for the two Mother's day ones. I also calculated the pattern into the different sizes from in the LL Bean catalog. I have the cutting patterns and sizes all figured out. Now to find good home decor fabric. I need to run to Anderson Fabric in Blackduck, MN.
I better go and pack my bag for today. I have nails, dry cleaning, and then the class this afternoon. Date night with the Hubby. Busy lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment