Thursday, March 17, 2011

Digitizing sew outs

Normally when I digitize a new logo for someone I sew out a sample on fabric close to what I'm going to finish the item on. For example if the job is a baseball hat. I sew the logo on a hat or if it's going on a polo shirt, I use a 5 x 5 square of a polo shirt fabric. I just chop up a shirt I messed up previously and then use that.

So today I stitched out a few logos.  The logo above is for a soft, slouchy hat.  The hat doesn't like being in my hat hop.  I ruined 4 hats so far.  I cut the messed up hats and decided maybe a patch sewed onto the hat, might work. Using a piece of the hat with the seam down the center sounded good, but the bottom edge has a blob where the seams didn't get trimmed nice. The rough edges are the wash away stablizer, before I washed it away.

 This logo is for a friend of ours, for his consulting business. I liked how he had taken his initials, DCM and stacked them and blended the edges.  The lower photo is the back version to show my friend the type of stablizer, I used a no show mesh cutaway.  I think this logo will need to be smaller to balance the two logos if they are to go on one shirt.

This last logo is also for my friend, but the hardest part is the name.  I'm supposed to have the bear outline, with his signature.  The signature is too small for the bear. I need to work on it more.  yes the signature is just his initials, but I was really looking at the dimensions not the whole. I need a better sample of the signature.

Now to email the photos to each of the customers and then tweak the designs. Once I think we're ready I stitch them out again and photo and email again. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon, I'll stitch again. That way last minute twitches and tweaks then Monday I can hoop the dress shirts and begin to finish up the project.

1 comment:

  1. When that bear and sig file come together.. I bet it will look wonderful!..

    Maddie

    ReplyDelete