Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tennessee backroads

I decided to stop and take some pictures of the back road on the way to my Dad's house. It takes me 15 minutes from their house to the hotel.
 The tunnels of trees make everything feel very Lord of the Rings.
 I keep waiting for the Shire to be around the next corner.
 The climb up the mountain is interesting, tight turns, road narrowing then converting to gravel. the bridges that only allow one car to squeak over it, the big boulders that force the roads to curve tightly around them.  neighbors who back out without looking, the guys who run a stop sign, because the road is not very travelled.

This afternoon, we drove over the the nearest large town to do a little shopping.  My Dad is very patient, then he spotted fabric with a western theme.  I bought 2 panels (which actually gave me 4 panels and the coordinating cowboy fabric for pillow for their couch. My Dad picked the coordinating fabric from 3 fabrics I picked off the shelf. 
The third fabric I bought is fall leaves with chestnuts.
My Step-Mom asked me to fix a teddy bear quilt for one of the nephews.  He is so excited that I am going to fix his quilt.  The top is well worn, but the real problem is that they didn't actually quilt the batting.  There is a perfect spot to embroider his name and birthdate before I put the quilt back together.
 My Step-Sister is preggo and my Step-Mom would like me to make a new Teddy bear quilt for the new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment